David has been an active leader of the PMI Silicon Valley Chapter since 2011, leading PMO and a few other chapter events. He teaches project management at UCSC Silicon Valley Extension to professionals looking to upgrade their knowledge and skills. As clients increasingly need to quickly deliver and validate value, David coaches them to build a collaborative value-driven environment where teams flourish and perform.
- Technical Program Management
- PMO best practices, evolution, and support of Agile
- System level Scaled Agile and Lean processes
- Management and team coaching / mentoring
- Resource planning, vendor management
- Application technology (web, mobiles, CRMS, ERPS, HRIS, e-Commerce, and SaaS / PaaS)
- MS-Engineering Management, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- BSEE, Concordia University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
From the perspective of ensuring value, producers need to constantly innovate and validate with users. From the perspective of operational competitiveness, high-performance teams can be three times more productive and can incrementally deliver products four times faster, with higher quality.
Hong has spoken and shared his Lean-Agile experience at Silicon Valley Polytechnic Institute, Coding Dojo, Bay Area Scaled Agile Network, PMI Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley Agile Trends and Leadership, Silicon Valley Engineering Leadership Community, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension, Lean-Agile Insights, and CIO Vietnam. He is a mentor at The Mentorship Club.
- Implemented quarterly product plan and review for $2 billion industry-leading high-tech software division
- Managed energy grid technology projects in the millions and tens of millions dollar range
- Taught Scrum and SAFe scale agile framework, and coach Scrum Teams
- Led development to deployment of innovative solutions including web-mobile, GIS, and blockchain solutions
- Harvard Business School, Boston, MA
- MSCS, Boston University, Boston, MA
- BSEE, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- Become a trusted advisor to CIO’s and CXO’s
- Take a lead role in delivering and managing consulting services to high growth organizations with a diverse team of consultants
- Forge long term relationships at a senior client level
- Elaborate new client services in close collaboration with partners
- Identify and lead business development opportunities
- Build expertise in a specialization and a strong reputation as a business advisor
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
- MBA IT, ETS, Montreal, Canada
- BEEE, Concordia, Montreal, Canada
I have extensive experience serving in leadership roles as Program Manager, Project Manager, Product Manager (Scrum Product Owner), Scrum Master, Release Manager, ISO Auditor, Quality Assurance Program Coordinator, Technical Support Manager, Service Support & Operations Director, and Test Lab Administrator, just to name a few.
I have additional knowledge and experience in Software Manufacturing, Hardware Manufacturing, Field Services, Technical Support, IT, Project Office, Scrum, Enterprise Agile Transformation, Product Portfolio, Procurement, Shipping & Receiving, CRM, IMS, System Administration, Web Administration, and Design, Software Development, Hardware Development, Testing, Team Leadership, High-Performance Team Development, ISO 9000, 21 CFR Part 11, Quality Engineering, Quality Assurance, Process Improvement, Risk Management, Sales, Marketing, Training, Education, Mentoring, and Coaching.
I’m all about…
- Helping others gain knowledge and experience in Project Management best practices and Agile methodologies
- Implementing the right methodologies, processes, frameworks, tools, and techniques that best fit the job at hand.
- Driving business value.
- Balancing the tactical with the strategic.
- Establishing a corporate culture that embraces change, agile transformation, innovation, and continual improvement.
- Building high-performance, highly motivated, self-organizing project teams.
- Developing honest, driven, passionate, and innovative leadership opportunities.
- Establishing team trust where one can test new ideas, fail fast, learn fast, reflect, adapt, and improve.
- Creating awesome products and happy customers.